Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3/30 . . .

4 years ago today I did not expect to be where I'm at....at all.

BUT


I am so glad I am.


So instead of spending this night feeling sorry for myself because today would have been my 4th wedding anniversary, I want to list the great things about my life now (in no particular order):


1.  I live in a place that some people can only dream of visiting.  I was born and raised here in Alaska, but still have the feeling of awe sometimes when I drive to work.


2.  I have family and friends that love and support me. 


3.  Speaking of work, I have a GREAT job that I enjoy.


4.  I have a running vehicle that, despite being a small car, has handled the winter up here just fine, and the good gas mileage is saving me right now.


5.  I have a beautiful daughter who is continuing to learn, growing healthy, and teaches me so much about myself and love and happiness.


6.  I know I am a daughter of God.  I know my Heavenly Father is so mindful of me and my needs and is always there for me.  


7.  I have learned to love myself.  Although I am still working on this, for the first time in my life, I feel like I am worth something.


8.  Because I learned #7, I am now in a healthy relationship full of love and kindness.  I am having so much fun falling more and more in love.  


9.  I have kept Dolly's plant alive for one week now.  Here's to the next 17 months, 3 weeks.


10.  I have so much to look forward to and so much hope for my future!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Cassandra!!!! I think this is so awesome! And I am sooooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy your in a good place in your life. you deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing I'm glad everything is going great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your positive outlook! I know life has been a crazy ride but I am glad it lead you to this. SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassandara, this is Lauren's mom. I am SO SO SO happy for you. You are a beautiful, kind, loving, gentle daughter of God. You don't know how many times I thanked Him for the kind of friend you have been for Lauren. She (and I) will love you forever. I am hoping all the most wonderful things for you. Oh, and that Mady is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete